I am pretty sure you want to extend or / and modify the theme’s layout and functionality to fit your needs. Here are a few points, you should remember when modifying any files.
- Do never modify any css file we deliver (except custom.css)
- Do never modify any php file we deliver (except myFunctions.php)
Why that? Because of possible updates in the future. We do not give support for custom modified files.
However, all template files (header-*.php, footer.php, comments.php and the files in the templates/ folder) and images can of course be modified. The restrictions are only valid for the bebelCp2 folder, and the functions.php
1) Custom CSS – top
You have several points of adding your custom CSS.
- Put the code in the Theme Configuration Panel
- Put the code in the custom.css inside the css folder
- Add CSS to every page where you need it.
1. Theme Configuration Panel
Simply write the css code inside the field found at “Misc/Styling”.
Paste the code into the custom.css file. The only difference to point 1. is that you can edit it in your favorite css editor.
3. Add to Post
This option should only be used if you have a css class only for one or two posts. This output won’t be cached!
2) Custom PHP – top
If you have functions you wish to add to the theme, do not paste them in the functions.php. Put them in “myFunctions.php”. This file is included in functions.php at the very bottom to make sure your options override ours.