What is Mailchimp?
It’s one of the best and easiest ways to send newsletter campaigns over the internet these days. Mailchimp is free to sign up for and very cheap even for bigger campaigns (check out there free plan, which is incredible)
Follow these steps to activate and use Mailchimp with Construct Theme
- Go to Mailchimp.com and create an account
- In the Mailchimp backend menu â€“ go to â€žAccount Api Keys & Authorized Appsâ€œ
- Click on â€žadd a keyâ€œ to create an API Key
- Copy that key and go back to your WP Backend.
- Go to your WordPress backend and to the â€žTheme Configurationâ€œ within the Construct menu. Notice the new Mailchimp tab on top â€“ click on it!
- You can now paste your API Key in the appropriate box and ckeck if then key is correct. Click on save changes and the big part is already done.
- Choose a default list from mailchimp in the field below. If you don’t have a list set up yet, read below.
You now activated Mailchimp. Congratulations! There is one more thing you have to do. You have to create lists in the Mailchimp backend on mailchimp.com
- Go to Mailchimp.com and sign in
- click on â€žlistsâ€œ on the top navigation.
- Click on the big red button that says â€žcreate listâ€œ
- Create as many lists as you need.
- Go back to wordpress. You now have to tell your theme which list to use. Mailchimp integration is done 🙂