.biz comes with a mega menu as well as a classic dropdown menu. For in-depth info about how menus work in WordPress please refer to the official guide.
Setting up the classic dropdown menu
- Go to Appearance > Menu
- Click on the plus (+) sign to create a new menu (eg. Main Menu).
- Add the menu items from the left panels (Custom Links, Pages, or Categories)
- To create dropdown menu, drag the menu item toward the right
- When you are done adding the menu items, click “Save Menu”
- Then on the top left panel where it says “Theme Locations”, select the menu from the dropdown to assign it to the navigation location and click “Save”
Setting up the mega menu
- Click on the little arrow next to the item that should contain the mega menu. In the expanded view you can chose to make this item contain the mega menu. Chose “yes”. Don’t see these options? Click on “Screen Options” on the top right and mark “image”.
- You can now upload a picture to show on the right side of the mega menu. Be careful: The image must be a size that fits in the area without making the links hard to read. Trial and error is the best method to find a solution that fits you – there is no right or wrong size really. We used a 181 × 143 px image in our preview.
- Now add the columns. Create an empty link container. Name it the way you want the column to be called (in the Navigation label field) and add a “#” for the URL. Don’t see the link container? Click on “Screen Options” on the top right and mark “Links”.
- Move the empty link container one step to the right. Proceed with a second column.
- Now add all the elements you want to be displayed in each column underneath the link containers. Make sure to move them one step further to the right so they appear as a sub menu from the link containers.
Watch the video below to see a live demonstration: